If you want to get some free 3D trees for using with Forest, read this:Autodesk 3ds Max 2010, 3ds Max Design 2010, and Maya 2009 customers now have access to 100 species of Xfrog plants and trees that they can be easily integrated into their 3D modelsdigital worlds and environments. This render-quality, highly realistic content – which was developed by botanical experts from around the world – is now available for free download from the Autodesk Seek web service (seek.autodesk.com).
- Users can download .zip files that contain multiple versions of the vegetation, representing different ages, and colors,. The plants are available withand varying amounts of detail and include along with .tif texture files.
- The detailed vegetation can easily be simplified using the enhanced ProOptimizer in 3ds Max 2010 or the Polygon Reduction Tool in Maya 2009.
- Xfrog libraries are created from original photos, reference sketches and books, and real samples of each plant. Bark, leaves, and petals are scanned and combined with to create high-quality modelsing for the most realistic look possible.
- Xfrog plants are used by top production facilities, including Digital Domain, Pixar, DreamworksSKG, SONY Imageworks, Disney Imagineering, and are featured in films such as "The Polar Express", "War of the Worlds", and "The Incredibles.”
- In addition to these vegetation samples, Autodesk Seek provides architects, engineers, designers, and animators access to rich, high-quality building product information and design files, directly from their desktop applications.
Announcement link: http://area.autodesk.com/...
Content download site: http://seek.autodesk.com/...