Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Grass in angles  (Read 2961 times)

CQ4419

• GC STudio, Paris
Grass in angles
« on: December 08, 2014, 04:15:55 PM »
Hi
I have a recurring problem, witch is the grass in the corners of my projects.
Here is an example of one of my latest wip work, and I don't know how to put grass everywhere without thereby exceeding the driveway (red lines on the picture).
I work with lawn presets, maybe it's not a good thing ? I had of course scale and density falloff...
Thanks for your advices
Roland
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:18:33 PM by CQ4419 »

CQ4419

• GC STudio, Paris
Re: Grass in angles
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 04:46:07 PM »
Sorry I didn't see this topic and its solution : http://forum.itoosoft.com/index.php?topic=2602.0
I work with Corona, but I had to check it with VRay and I didn't find the Edge Mode option ?
Could you help me ?
Thanks
Roland

CQ4419

• GC STudio, Paris
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 04:58:34 PM »
Again... sorry ! I didn't see it was for a beta version I didn't download yet. I'm gonna do it and test it. Maybe it will be compatible with Corona ?

CQ4419

• GC STudio, Paris
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 05:48:12 PM »
Well... I don't understand how this edge mode works. It's the same as point, there is no automatic change. After that I've tried with the scale curve but grass is getting smallest next to the edge, that is not the case here in your example :

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 06:53:32 PM »
For performance reasons, this mode works only at render. On viewport you'll get the same result as Point mode.

By now Edge mode is available only for V-Ray because its SDK (Software Development Kit) is very powerful, and provide us the required tools.
We have some ideas to make it work for other render engines, but that will require time, and the collaboration of the developers of those renderers.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 06:54:25 PM »
Hi,

Just wanted to add that for other renderers we recommend using smaller clumps of grass nearer the perimeter to create clean edges. We have a Grass Edges tutorial to help explain this process.

I hope that helps,

Many thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

CQ4419

• GC STudio, Paris
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 10:26:56 PM »
GREAT !
This is THE option we were waiting for a sooooooo long time ! It's amazing and so easy to use.
A lot of thanks for that.
I'm a Corona forum user too and I will write a topic on that wonderful evolution, and hope they will give you all the things to add this in FPP/Corona.
Thanks again
Roland
Ps : and thanks Paul for the advice : i didn't remember there was this tutorial in your site. i will use it of course !
Here is an example I did in seconds...

NCViz

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 01:45:52 PM »
Sooo disappointing that edge mode is not available for Mental Ray.  :'(