Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Complete clean un-install  (Read 10416 times)

JTP Vis

Complete clean un-install
« on: August 04, 2015, 03:30:03 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying to fix a problem with an installation of Railclone and Forest Pack, but for some reason (perhaps because I am running 2014 and 2015 simultaneously) I cannot un-install the plugins! Have been to the "Add or Remove programs" and un-installed from there, but they are still showing up in Max, but when you click the button you get loads of errors and it crashes. How can I completely manually get rid of everything associated with Railclone and Forest Pack?

Cheers,

Bill

This is the same as a post in the Railclone forum here: http://forum.itoosoft.com/index.php?topic=3090.0

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Complete clean un-install
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 03:41:51 PM »
Hi Bill,

Well, sometimes might be necessary (apart of unistalling / removing all plug-ins & shaders files as listed in our on-line reference guide) to delete manually related .mcr files (automatically created macroscript cache files) from

"C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\<ReleaseNumber> - 64bit\ENU\usermacros"

Best regards,

JTP Vis

Re: Complete clean un-install
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 01:38:43 PM »
I used the on-line reference guide as suggested and cleaned out all those files for both Rail clone and Forest Pack and it worked a treat.

Thanks again for your technical support.

Kind regards,

Bill