Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Setting render ID pass colours  (Read 2051 times)

DM5847

Setting render ID pass colours
« on: March 10, 2016, 10:35:22 AM »
Hi Paul (...probably),

For our projects we are looking to use railclone for our windows however we usually render a separate pass with and without glass and use the render ID to select the pass with the glass in one click. However with railclone, as far as we know, the frame and glass receive the same render ID so we can't do the selection as we normally do. See attached image. This issue is then also present when we use multiple RC objects.

Is there a way to separate these objects in the render ID?

Regards,

Dean

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Setting render ID pass colours
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 03:39:54 PM »
Hi Dean,

Thanks for contacting us. This problem occurs because both Forest Pack and RailClone don't support Object IDs or other channels that depend of the item's ID. In V-Ray Forest is handled as an unique object with its own ID, and it's not possible inherit or assign multiple IDs. However you can use material IDs to get the same effect. To do this:

- Add a VRayMtlID render pass
- Choose Integer mode for no AA, or Colour mode for AA.
- For the glass material, assign an effects ID by selecting the material and assigning an ID greater than 0

- If you want to assign additional IDs and you need more than 16 you can use the V-Ray material's Override Material Effect option.

There's also a nice new script by David Wortley that can automate this process called Power Mask

That's it. I hope that helps. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Many thanks!

Paul

Paul Roberts
iToo Software

DM5847

Re: Setting render ID pass colours
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 08:48:11 AM »
Thanks Paul!

I'll give it a try.

regards,

Dean