A new update of the software is available:Forest Pack 7.0.9
- Added experimental support for 3DSMax 2022.
* Not tested yet. Please note we cannot provide support for this initial version.
- Fixed excessive build time computing collisions in FP7, compared with FP6.
* This also would affect load/save time of scenes when Collisions is enabled on viewport.
- Fixed continuous updating of Corona Interactive Render with some scenes.
- Fixed render of non-perspective views in V-Ray using Camera->"Limit to Visibility".
- Camera->"Limit to Visibility"->"Enable on Viewport" now applies both to camera and perspective views.
- Fixed: Forest LOD is not updated rendering with V-Ray IPR.
- Fixed: Cloning with Shift+Drag in Custom Edit might not copy all items.Forest Pack 7.0.8
- Fixed continuous updating of Interactive Render when using Camera->"Limit to Visibility".
* This bug would also affect general performance when camera clipping is enabled on viewport.
- Fixed: Surface->UV generates different distributions on rendering nodes with different number of threads.
- Fixed: Distribution->Reference->By Mesh may generate different random values on rebuild.
- Library Browser: fixed gaps in catalog tree after removing items.
- Fixed error loading items from Evermotion catalogs.Forest Pack 7.0.7
- Changed the way that V-Ray proxies are rendered. Now it uses the same method of FP6.
* Previously render of proxies was delegated to V-Ray, in a similar way to VRayInstancer. But several problems were reported.
* If needed, VRayInstancer mode can be forced yet in the configuration (forestpack.ini), setting handleVRayProxies = 0
- Several fixes for billboard edit:
* Added missing Center and Z-Offset gizmos.
* Dimensions are displayed correctly, according to the scene's units.
* Fixed aspect ratio for non-squared thumbnails.
- Fixed wrong size of billoards loaded from library (not fully fixed in 7.0.6 patch).
- List of Objects/Materials in the import dialogs now are sorted alphabetically.
- Fixed crash deleting catalogs.Forest Pack 7.0.6
- Fixed several issues loading items from Library Browser.
- Fixed small margins editing Catalog names in the Library Browser.
- Fixed: Scene Explorer is closed before rendering non-geometric objects with some renderers.
* Note: Scene Explorer is closed yet with Max 2015 and before. This is a workaround to avoid a crash which may happen with old Max versions.
- Distribution->Path / Reference Objects / Particle Flow parameters are not overwritten when loading Library presets.
- Camera->"Limit to Visibility" is updated on viewport only for Camera views.
- Fixed: Billboards are loaded with a wrong size from the Library Browser.
- Library Browser is reloaded when Unit's scene change. This is needed to show correctly the billboard units.
This is a maintenance patch only. You can find all new features of Forest Pack 7 here
If you have any questions about this release, please let us know on the forums