Beta versions include new features and fixes, but a beta version is NOT the final version of the product and therefore we not guarantee an absence of errors that may disrupt the computer's operation and/or result in data loss. Use it always at your own risk.Forest Pack Pro 4.3.0 beta
New features and changes:
- Forest LOD (Level of Detail).
- A new type of object, "ForestLOD", is used to define levels of detail. Once created, assign it as Custom Object in Forest. http://vimeo.com/108908070
- Visibility triggers by Distance to camera or Screen size.
- Support for billboards and geometry.
- Custom materials.
- LOD properties can be adjusted in Camera rollout.
- Added Areas->Limit by Surface Material ID.
- Areas->Falloff Affect is splitted in Density and Scale values.
- Forest Tools->Data exporter to XML files.
- Added General->Disable Pop-ups: turns off all suggestions and warning messages, except critical errors (this option is global and persistent).
- Geometry->Get Size from Library is removed and enabled by default.
- Geometry->Global Size parameters are removed, although they are accessible by Maxscript ("globs¡ze", "width", "height")
- Geometry->Use Object Dimensions is replaced by local Scale parameter.
- New Display->Proxy model: Arrow (non-symmetrical)
- Added Display->Disable Object.
- Forest Tools->Instantiate copies User Properties, Object ID and wireframe color from the source object.
- 16 new presets: Gravel, including detail and large scale models.
- Added materials for Corona Renderer.
- Fixed problem of Exclude areas with Inverted Falloff Curves.
- Fixed issues with Distribution->Diversity Map and UV Surfaces.
- Fixed rare problem related to missing Surfaces on load.
- Fixed minor issues in Maxscript functions.
- Fixed potential crashing bug on Forest cloning.
- Forest Color ignores status of Override checkbox when using Tint by Element.
- Added Undo support to Geometry->Copy/Paste operations.
Registered customers of Forest Pack Pro can download the upgrade from User Panel->Beta versions