A new version of Forest Pack beta is now available for testing. Registered users of Forest Pack Pro can download the upgrade from the User Panel->Beta versions
For any question about this release, please use the Forest Pack beta forum
Beta versions include new features and fixes, but a beta version is NOT the final version of the product and therefore we don't guarantee there won't be errors that may disrupt the computer's operation and/or result in data loss. Use it always at your own risk. Forest Pack Pro 7.4.0b
- Added support for 3DS Max 2023.
- Added support for Arnold 7.1 (MaxToA 5.2 and greater).
* Previous Arnold versions are not longer supported. You can upgrade to the latest release from here: https://www.arnoldrenderer.com/arnold/download/
(Arnold for 3DS Max)
- For 3DS Max 2022 and above, plugin is installed at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins, using the latest package format for plugins.
- Distribution Map Channel is always set to 1 for new FP objects (previously it would inherit value of other FP objects in the scene).
- New field for Forest Lister: Stats. It shows the Forest build time.
* By default this field is hidden. You must add it from the Lister configuration.
- Added support for regular expressions to Distribution->"Reference Objects"->"Match by Geometry Name". (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression
* Geometry->Name is used as regular expression, and reference object name as input.
* Match must be complete, not only a part of the expression. For example, 'teapot001' matches with 'teapot.*', but not with 'teapot'.
- Removed double-click behaviour for Forest Lister->Name field (which should allow rename), because it was not working well. Now it just selects the object.
- Fixed rare crash getting internal statistics.
- Fixed: Forest Color no longer working on non Forest objects.
- Fixed Edge Mode on Exclude splines when Distribution Map is rotated.
- Fixed: Forest Tools->"Enable before Start" doesn't work as intended.