A new version of Forest Pack beta is now available for testing. Registered users of Forest Pack Pro can download the upgrade from the User Panel->Beta versions
For any question about this release, please use the Forest Pack beta forum
Beta versions include new features and fixes, but a beta version is NOT the final version of the product and therefore we don't guarantee there won't be errors that may disrupt the computer's operation and/or result in data loss. Use it always at your own risk. Forest Pack Pro 8.0.0b
New helper plugin: ForestSet.
* It works as a container for a set of objects, which can assigned in Forest as Geometry, Surface or Spline.
* For Geometry, a random item of the set is assigned as source geometry. For Surfaces and Splines, all items of the set are used as input.
* Also can be used as input for Distribute by Reference/Path/Particle Flow.
* Can get items from the list, or directly from layers. To add multiple layers, separate names by commas.
* ForestSet accepts any scene object as input, but only compatible types are used in each case. For example, a Spline cannot be used as surface.
* Groups, ForestLOD and Forest objects are not supported as items.
* It supports nesting (ForestSet within other ForestSet).
- Added support of Areas for UV Surface mode. Some limitations applies:
* All areas are projected in a direction (X/Y/Z), according to the Area->Projection Axis parameter.
* Area->"Distribution Map" parameters are not supported on UV mode.
* Edge Mode requires a Spline or Paint area. It cannot be used directly over the surface.
* Changing Projection Axis in a non-empty Paint area may generate unexpected results. Always select Projection Axis before starting to paint.
- Added a new type of Area: Linked.
* It lets you to pick an area of other Forest object, inheriting their parameters.
* For example, you could assign a Spline in a "master" Forest object, and use it as area in other Forest objects, without reassigning the spline multiple times.
* Parameters specific to each type of Area are inherited (as Spline/Object, Thickness, etc.), while common parameters (as Falloff) are local and can be modified.
* Not all combinations may work. I.e. a linked "Object Area" can be used only as Exclude, not as Include area.
- To preserve UI space, the 'Add Multiple' button was removed, and replaced with the 'Add Linked Area' button. Now to add multiple areas, just click SHIFT + Add Area button.
- Added "Get from Forest". It lets you use the Surfaces from other Forest object.
- Added selector to filter effect by geometry model, similar to Areas.
- Added new type of parameter: Spline.
- Added new funcions for spline checking. All of them work in 2D, using XY local plane (Z projection):
* insideSpline(spline, pos): returns 1 if specified position is inside the Spline, 0 if not.
* distanceSpline(spline, pos): returns nearest distance in 2D from position to the spline.
* nearestPosSpline(spline, pos): returns nearest point from position to the spline.
* nearestTangSpline(spline, pos): returns tangent of nearest point from position to the spline.
- Added new fpItem attributes:
* surfMatID: material ID on Surface.
* splineMatID:: material ID on Spline. Distribution by Path only.
- Fixed: Parameter Attributes are duplicated when editor is opened multiple times.
- Fixed: Effect name is overwritten when edited.
- Fixed: Texmap->Clear button doesn't work.
- Fixed: Environment variables cannot be used to define Effects path.
- Fixed issues in Effects browser for paths with non-ascii characters.
- User Properties of source nodes are inherited on instanced items.
- Added support for Vertex Color.
Other changes and fixes:
- Fixed alignment of single item when is part of a group.
- Added workaround in Max 2018 and above to restore toolbar position.
- Fixed: Custom Edit with "Link to Surface" off, applies Random Z translation twice.
- Display->"Use Direct X" is removed and enabled by default.