Beta versions include new features and fixes, but a beta version is NOT the final version of the product and therefore we not guarantee an absence of errors that may disrupt the computer's operation and/or result in data loss. Use it always at your own risk.
Registered users of RailClone Pro can download the upgrade from the User Panel->Beta versions
. RailClone Pro 2.4.0 beta
New features and changes:
- Added UVW XForm
- Added Export Attributes
. This feature allows to export numeric values from nodes. e.g. size of a Segment. To use it: select Segment->right click->Export Attributes.
accepts multiple map channels. Write them separated by spaces (*)
and UVW XForm
(*) operators can be used with all render engines and RailClone Tools when Display->Use Instancing Engine
- Added Generator->Limits->Padding
(Start/End for Linear, Left/Right/Top/Bottom for Arrays).
- Added two modes for Generator->Rules->Evenly
: Distance and Count. Distance works as before, and Count creates a fixed number of elements.
- Improved conform to Surface for very large splines. Added parameter to define interpolation's step: Style->Geometry->Surface Interpolation
(5cm by default).
can be used with Default slot. It checks the latest vertex before the Default segment.
- Display->Use Geometry Shader
is renamed to Use Instancing Engine
- Added Generator->Cap Holes
. It works same as Cap Holes Max modifier but keeping instancing capability.
- RailClone Tools->Instantiate
copies User Properties, Object ID and wireframe color of the source object (when exists).
- Added Segments selector to Quad menu.
- Installer supports multiple Max versions.
(*) Segments using these features can be instanced only in V-Ray.
- Improved detection of hotspot for node wiring.
- Style Editor can be placed at left side on multi-monitor configurations.
- Clipboard file (rcclip.dat) is stored in a temporary folder.
- Fix: added creation context menu for wires dragged from Clipping Area slots.
- Auto rename of Parameters and Base Objects on wiring.
- Added result of Arithmetic->Expression
on edit dialog.
- Wires can be dragged directly over a node, connecting them to a default slot depending of the wire's type.
- Dragging between nodes outputs swaps their links.
- Fixed: nodes with multiple inputs were keeping empty slots after links deletion.
- All nodes include an On/Off exportable parameter. This parameter is independent of the clickable On/Off state.
- Multiple wiring support, selecting several nodes of the same type and dragging (e.g. to connect multiple Segments to a Randomize operator).
- Added Segment->Right Menu->Clone Multiple
. Clones a Segment multiple times, using objects from the scene as source.
- All boolean parameter are available for exporting.
parameters are available for exporting.
- Fixed behaviour of Generator->Align to Path
with Corner segments and closed splines.
- Position of panels in Style Editor is saved and restored properly.
- Fixed crash modifying objects assigned to a segment (Max 2010 and older).
- Removed limits from Generator->Fillet Radius.
- Vertex Color channel is generated only when needed.
- A2S Generator->Clipping->Rotation Z
now works in local coordinates.
- Segments are updated when their referenced objects are converted to editable mesh.
deletes isolated vertices.
- Fixed rare bug when using no Bend segments at Corners.
- Fixed rare bug with empty segments (see here
- Fixed potential crashing bug moving cursor on viewports while render (V-Ray and Max 2015 only).
- Improved behaviour of Fixed Size
with empty Segments.
is aligned correctly when applying random scale.
- Clipping Area
is properly updated when Generator is off.
- Fixed bug that would disable Start/End segments when using Base Object->Start/End limits