Beta versions include new features and fixes, but a beta version is NOT the final version of the product and therefore we don't guarantee there won't be errors that may disrupt the computer's operation and/or result in data loss. Always use it at your own risk.Note 2:
RailClone 4 requires an updated license. The License Manager
will update the license automatically while the installation process. If not, please check your license using the License Manager
and complete the activation procedure as usual.
For Network licenses, it requires also an updated version of the License Server (1.4 or above). You can download it from the User Panel->Beta versions
, together with the plugin.Note 3:
Please note that due to significant changes to the core, random values in RC4 are different from RC3, you may get different results from scenes rendered using RC3.
This Migrating to 4.x guide
also will help you to understand the changes between RC3 and RC4, and adapt your styles if needed.RailClone Pro 4.0.2 beta
RC Spline changes:
- User Data X/Y/Z is replaced by 9 customizable data fields.
- Values can be used from Expressions using "XMarkerData", "YMarkerData" attributes, as an zero based array (i.e. XMarkerData to XMarkerData).
- User Data fields are customized from the RailClone Style->"Base Objects"->"Customize RC Spline".
* For each field, you can define the label and data type (Integer, Float or Scene Units).
* It lets you to define multiple Data Set by style.
* Once defined, Sets can be selected from the RC Spline->"Data Set" combo box.
* Sets listed in the "Data Set" combo are collected for all RC objects which have the spline assigned as a Base Object.
* Selected Set is applied to all Markers in the RC Spline modifier. If you need different Sets in a spline, apply a new RC Spline modifier.
- Improved error handling on Copy/Paste operations.
- Fixed: Expressions->"ArrayCounter" is not incremented for arrays generated from Clipping splines.
- Fixed several issues with Macro On/Off parameter.
- Fixed: RC Spline->Transform Gizmo is moved just hovering the cursor over a Marker, instead selecting it.
- Fixed: General->Seed parameter is not animatable.
- Fixed crash setting Segment->Mapping->Map Channels over 99 (maximum value accepted by Max).RailClone Pro 4.0.1 beta
all changes introduced on the first beta of RC4.
Registered users can download the upgrade from the User Panel->Beta versions
. For any question about this release, please use the RailClone beta forum