Beta versions include new features and fixes, but a beta version is NOT the final version of the product and therefore we don't guarantee there won't be errors that may disrupt the computer's operation and/or result in data loss. Always use it at your own risk.RailClone 5.0.0 beta
New features and changes:
- Added support of 3DS Max groups in Segments.
* To assign a group, use Selector by Name. It's not possible to pick a group directly from scene.
* Groups cannot be 'embedded' within the RC object. When a Group is deleted from scene, it's removed from RailClone as well.
- Added experimental support for non-geometric objects (including lights).
* Currently there is no native support for any renderer. As a workaround, objects are inserted in the scene before rendering, and removed once completed.
* Size of some non-geometric objects may not be reliable or change depending on the active viewport. If that affects to your style, we suggest to use the "Fixed Size" feature.
* Non-geometric segments are displayed in the viewport with the Material ID defined by Display->"Non-geom Mat.ID"
- Added Display->"Proxy Cache" mode. It lets you bake a RailClone object into the scene or an external file.
* Baked objects load and render much faster, because RailClone doesn't rebuild them. This is especially interesting for complex styles.
* A baked object cannot be modified or edited. If you want to change it, set Proxy mode to 'Disable', make the changes and bake it again.
* Size of Proxy Cache depends of the object complexity, including number of segments and its geometry. You can check proxy size from the Display rollout.
* Proxy Cache is available for RailClone Pro only.
* Several limitations apply:
- The viewport display is limited to the mode that was active when the proxy was created. Note that this does not affect the render.
- 'Material by Segment' and non-geometric objects are supported in Embedded mode only.
- Result may be different depending of the active render engine, when Proxy was generated. If you change the renderer, we suggest regenerating the Proxy.
* Proxy Cache can be managed from Maxscript using $.setProxyMode <mode> <externalFile>
- For Disabled, use $.setProxyMode 0 "". It returns an empty string.
- For Embedded, use $.setProxyMode 1 "". It returns proxy's size.
- For External, use $.setProxyMode 2 "proxyFileName.rcproxy". It creates and saves the proxy (overriding the file if exists), and returns a description error when failed.
- Added modifier modes to Generator->Evenly->Adaptive: Even, Odd and Any.
- Added Segment->Deform->"Force Instance". When enabled, a Segment is always instanced on rendering.
* Instanced segments cannot be bent or sliced, and Z Deform is restricted as well.
- Added a new type of Numeric Parameter: Selector.
* Parameter is selected from a list of predefined items, which are shown in Max rollout using a combo list.
* Each item has an associated float value, which is returned as the parameter's output. It can be cast as an integer as well.
- Vertex Weld is removed.
* This feature was introduced in the initial RC releases. It no longer has any sense, because is not efficient with complex styles and breaks instancing.
* If needed, use a standard Weld modifier instead.
- Improved slicing accuracy for Segments placed near edges of a Clipping Area.
- Fixed potential crash on RailClone Stats.
- Fixed potential crashing bug using Display->"Quick Mesh" mode.
- Fixed: Styles with multiple dependencies between Segments (as Exported Parameters linked to Exported Attribues), are not built correctly with Display->Update.
- Fixed: RCSpline Data Sets are only available to the first spline in the Base Objects list.
- Fixed: RCSpline User Data (Scene Units) not scaling correctly with System Unit change.
- Fixed crash initializing plugin when RailClone registry key doesn't exist.
- Fixed: Configuration Environment Variables aren't prioritized over HKLM / HKCU.
- Added full support for non-ascii characters (as Chinese).
Registered users can download the upgrade from the User Panel->Beta versions
. For any question about this release, please use the RailClone beta forum