We are delighted to announce the release of RailClone 2.6 with a host of brand new features and fixes to improve speed, increase usability and make the plugin more flexible than ever. For a taste of what’s new, check out the comprehensive release notes and demo reel below.Note 1:
RailClone 2.6 requires a license upgrade. See this Knowledge Base
article for details.
Registered users of RailClone Pro can download RailClone 2.6 from their User Panel
. For any question about this release, please use the Forum
.RailClone 2.6 Release NotesNew Features
- Added support for V-Ray 3.3.
- RailClone 2.6 benefits of the render performance improvements of V-Ray 3.2 and greater. In our tests speed gains were between 40% to 100% depending of the scene.
- V-Ray 1.5, 3.0, 3.1, and 3.2 are not longer supported. Currently supported V-Ray versions are 2.5 and 3.3.
- Added a toolbar with shortcuts to: add RailClone object, Open RailClone Tools and RailClone Lister.
- Added a new RailClone Lister
- This new tool simplifies the management of scenes that contain multiple RailClone objects.
- It comprises a simplified interface allowing you to rename, enable/disable, hide/unhide, and select RailClone objects, display useful information, and speed up editing properties.
- For more details see the documentation
- Added support for V-Ray motion blur and velocity channel with animated proxies and meshes.
- Improved hit-test viewport performance for mesh modes.
- Fixed random crash rendering animations in V-Ray 3.
- Fixed bug with VRayProxies and Bevels.
- Fixed potential corruption issue when save is not completed correctly.
- Fixed: Spinner dragging on Style Editor generates multiple undos.
- Fixed: Redo operation on Style Editor changes selected node.
- Fixed endless loop when using arrays with paddings greater than spline's length.
- Fixed behaviour of Sequence Operator on Bevels. (see note 2)
- Fixed bug with random numbers and nested objects. (see note 2)
- Fixed bug in Arithmetic operator when input values are not of the same type.
- Fixed: Bevel is not applied correctly on vertices with very small change of angle.
- Fixed: Extended/Symmetry Bevels don't work if segment is larger than length of initial section path.
- Fixed bug which on rare cases could generate sliced instances when using arrays.
- Fxed bug with initialization of parameters in Arithmetic expressions.
- Fixed rare bug with Style Editor not recognizing certain keys used as Max shortcuts.
: To keep compatibility with previous scenes, this fix is applied only on new RC objects.
If you want to "upgrade" your RC object so it works as created with the recent release, select it and run this on Maxscript: $.railclone.resetCreatedVersion()