Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Translucency  (Read 6395 times)

MancDan

Translucency
« on: June 08, 2016, 10:59:03 AM »
We've been using Forest Pack for a little while now but the tree's we tend to use lack transparency. They are too solid giving a solid unnatural look.

Common tree 5 for example.

I've instanced the material from the forest pack UI into the material browser attempting to edit the material by throwing a transparency map in there, but it doesn't seem to be changing anything! I've managed to place a leaf bitmap on to the leaves where previously lay a ForestColour map and this now shows in my test renders, so my changes to the material are having some effect on the outcome - just not the translucency map!

Also, when placing a new leaf texture in the diffuse slot, is there anyway to map this correctly? I've found placing a UVW map onto the Forrest object using face mapping helps, but I'm not too sure how you map both the leaves and trunk/branches independently. Face mapping the entire tree object of course alters the mapping of the bark material.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated! :)

(I should add we are using ForestPack Pro 4.3.7)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 11:03:30 AM by MancDan »

MancDan

Re: Translucency
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 11:38:19 AM »
I've figured out how to edit the mapping for both the bark and leaves, editing the forest template! :)

Now how to add some transparency to the the leaves!?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Translucency
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 04:26:49 PM »
Hi, to post questions about Forest Pro please use the Pro forum. You can see our support policy for Lite version here.

Thanks.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software