Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Exporting csv text file to scatter node in Octane?  (Read 4381 times)

kirk

Exporting csv text file to scatter node in Octane?
« on: September 09, 2013, 03:47:33 PM »
Is there such  a feature in Pro version?   I found a mentioning about it in Octane manual.  I mean a text csv or something to multi scatter instances in Octane.    I have Max2008 and Octane standalone and curious would it be working that way . I think about buying pro version  only for that multi-scatter opporunity for grass and such in Octane

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Exporting csv text file to scatter node in Octane?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 10:03:48 PM »
Forest Pack supports natively Octane for Max. It's not necessary to create the instances using a csv file.

If you want to export the distribution to an external file, Forest Tools (Pro only) lets you to convert the items to stand-alone instances. From here, should not be difficult to export the data using maxscript or other methods.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

kirk

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 02:21:01 PM »
It's necessary in my case since I have  STANDALONE Octane and MAX  2008.  The only method to export to Octane  from my MAX version is obj.   Ocnane stanalone has a special scatter node which require a csv text file to scatter things.       Octane manual tells the csv  can be exported from Forest pro or Multiscatter plugins. 

From you reply it looks like it's not exactly true.    Right?     

ps. I have zero experience with maxscript

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 04:27:08 PM »
No, Forest Pack doesn't include any method to export directly to a csv file. I don't know about Multiscatter.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software