Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: export plant  (Read 24445 times)

connie

export plant
« on: November 14, 2007, 10:53:14 AM »
hi,I want to know if I can export the plants generated by Forest Lite Pack,from 3d max to
vrml format?

I have used the first scene in the tutorial files,according to the specification,I had added
trees in the scene.when I exported  the file to vrml format ,there is nothing except the initiatory scene.the plant was lost.what is the matter?

There is another problem:the trees I added to the scene don't like the example.the backgrouond of trees  is black ,not transparency.

thanks

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: export plant
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 06:36:38 PM »
Hi,

The exporting and converting to mesh options are disabled in Forest Lite. With Forest Pro you can export the plants to a static mesh, the dynamic features (limit to visibility, facing camera...) are only available while running 3DS.

There is another problem:the trees I added to the scene don't like the example.the backgrouond of trees  is black ,not transparency.

Have you assigned the sample material included with the tutorial ? Forest doesn't modify the material, you may use any texture with opacity mask. If the transparency is visible in the material editor, it must work with the Forest object too.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

connie

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 07:57:15 AM »
ok,I get it.

I have assigned the sample material included with the tutorial .
the transparency is visible in the material editor, but it doesn''t work with the Forest object .I think if I need modify some parameters.
when I executed "open the material editor and assign the 'Trees' material to the forest object. ", I used the shortcut key"M" to  open the editor,selected the material to the forest object,the result was as follows:(in the attachment)
around the tree ,there was black block.

DIMITRIS

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 08:25:15 AM »
I send you 3 pictures of the settings Use the color map for the difuse map, the alpha map for opacity map
I will sign it only if it is a piece of art!

connie

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 03:49:44 PM »
because I use the example in the tutorial ,I get the setting of second picture like you.
but my diffusecolor map is not like your's.
my diffusecolor and opacity is as follows:in the attachment

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 07:02:09 PM »
Hi,

Try rendering the scene. 3D Studio doesn't always show the transparencies in the viewport... If i remember well, you must use at least Max 8, Direct 3D and enable 'Show Map in Viewport' in the material (not in the texture).

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

connie

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 03:26:04 AM »
yes , you are right.
After  I rendered  the scene,I got the right scene.
My configerment is 3ds Max 8,opengl,
thanks a lot.  :)