Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: License Type  (Read 2969 times)

Vrender

• Architectural Rendering Service
License Type
« on: November 02, 2015, 01:19:36 PM »
Hi friends!
What type of license  I need?  Stand-alone or Network?
I have 2 computer connected to network with 3ds max
Rendering - vray + vray spawner
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 01:32:59 PM by Vrender »
Vrender.com Architectural Rendering

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: License Type
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 01:39:41 PM »
Hi,

I would suggest you the Network type (as in case of the Stand-alone license, the software is constrained to a certain host and a license is needed for each computer the software will be installed on). Instead, network licenses require installation of the License Server software on a Windows computer. It may be a workstation (even the same machine used to run 3ds Max), or a separate server. Than under Network license mode, a pool of licenses (could be just one license) is available on the server, for use on any computer on the network.

Let me add, that our plug-in can be widely used for rendering purposes on "render farms" as network rendering nodes don't use any type of license (this is required only to edit or render scenes on interactive Max sessions). Feel free to install our software in "Render slave node" on as many as render nodes needed.

Shortly, with license (workstation) - you can work in "interactive" mode (create, edit, render) x without license (render slave) - you can work in "non-interactive" mode (rendering assigned by service - backburner, distributed rendering or batch rendering - this service needs to be launched on computer with license).

Feel free to check more information regarding "Setting up/configuring client computers" in linked post.

Best regards,

Vrender

• Architectural Rendering Service
Re: License Type
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 01:52:30 PM »
Thanks for the answer Michal!
I understood
Vrender.com Architectural Rendering