Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: FP Pflow distribution - Motion Blur issue  (Read 28 times)

Flyro

FP Pflow distribution - Motion Blur issue
« on: Today at 12:33:23 AM »
Hello everyone,
I'm a student and we use Forest Pack Pro at school. I can't post in the Forest Pro section because the licenses are own by my school though..
I am making this post because we are facing a troubling issue with Forest Pack in Particle Flow distribution mode.
The motion blur generated by Forest Pack pflow distribution mode seems inaccurate. There is way too much motion blur on the mesh scattered for the movement made in the 3d scene by the particles (picture 1).

If the motion blur was correct, it should have been a very subtle blur in this 3d scene.

The only way I found to "fix" this issue is to disable the motion blur or to make the particles static. We can't reduce the motion blur on the Forest Pack by tweaking Vray Properties motion blur duration value, it doesn't affect the motion blur in the render.
This motion blur issue is present in every 3D scene I make, I think that the issue is related to the way the motion blur is calculated in particle flow distribution mode in Forest Pack.
You can try it by making a 3D scene with some particles moving, and scatter object on those paticles with FP Pflow distribution mode. Make another object which move at the same speed as your particles. You'll observe that your motion blur for your FP in your camera will be incorrect.

Is this problem well known and is there some solution to fix the motion blur?

Thank you so much for your help!