Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest clipping error  (Read 6898 times)

garipodelu

Forest clipping error
« on: March 29, 2017, 08:55:31 AM »
Hello,
I have a problem with forest pack when using it to make green hedges. The process is pretty straight forward: I select one or more plants for the forest object, adjust the density and use the "edge" options from the boundary checking tab so it will look like a cut hedge. So far so good... The problem appears in the render because in some areas the geometry which is clipped by the "edge" option appears black in the RGB pass and also I noticed it effects the alpha. So all the geometry that should be invisible in the render because it is being cut by a boundary spline will appear black in the alpha pass as well.
This problem is more present while doing aerial shots and usually I found that it goes away if you make the forest object less dense but you loose the hedge effect while lowering the number of plants in the forest object.
Is there any workaround for this?
Thanks!

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Forest clipping error
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 10:09:17 AM »
Hi,

I would suggest you to check the "Strange edges problem" thread (increasing Global switches - Max transp. levels should fix it - sometimes might be necessary to modify Secondary rays bias also). Hope that helps.

Best regards,

garipodelu

Re: Forest clipping error
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 10:18:49 AM »
Thank you, I will look into it.