Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest Pro licence question  (Read 3505 times)

TheForestUser

Forest Pro licence question
« on: July 20, 2014, 01:43:09 PM »
Hi again,
I just saw a post that you indicated by purchasing a node locked licence you'll be giving two licences to use both on a workstation and a laptop but not at the same time. I just wanted to know if that's still the case since it's not indicated in the FAQ and neither of a single node locked or a network licence would be useful for me. since I want Forest Pro to be usable on both my PC and laptop.
I also have another question ; If I bought a new PC and deactivated the licence on my previous PC , would I still be able to transfer the licence completely to my new PC or do I have to buy a new licence?
Thank you

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Forest Pro licence question
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 06:45:45 PM »
Yes. we allow to install the license in one additional computer (at home or laptop), provided that both copies are not used simultaneously. Many users make this request to us, so although this issue is not covered in our license agreement, we are flexible about it. This applies both to Stand-alone and Network licenses. Differences between both types of licenses are explained in the FAQ.

Our licensing system doesn't include a deactivation procedure. For security reasons, the activation server allows to activate a license only a certain number of times (5 by default). But if you exhaust the maximum number of activations, you can write us an email requesting more.

The procedure to transfer a license should be:

- Remove the license from the old computer, selecting it in the License Manager and clicking Shift+Del.
- Install and activate the license in the new computer as usual.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

TheForestUser

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 07:12:36 PM »
If I may ask another question before purchasing;
So If I purchase a node locked licence and install it on my PC and my laptop I don't have to reactivate the licence every time I want to use either one of those, right ?
And the 5 time activation kind of lets me to transfer my licence to other PCs if say I have 3 other workstation and using Laptop or PC doesn't count toward the activation restriction. I just wanted to make sure so that every-time I don't have to email you about this matter. Since every other day I change working on a PC and laptop because of my situation and since I can't let one of the computers be on while I'm working on another one network licence doesn't work for me.
i'd appreciate if you can confirm this so I can proceed to purchase.
Thank you again

yuv

• Administrator
  • iToo Software - CEO
    • Itoo Software
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 09:20:17 PM »
The stand-alone licenses only require to activate once. However, this licenses are intended to use in a single machine, however as exception we allow to install the software in a secondary computer as laptop or home computer always that there is non-simultaneous use. The five automatic activation are intended for hardware or o/s changes. If you exhaust this activation you need to contact us to reset your counter, this process can delay up to 24h due office hours and support availability.

If you plan to install in more than two computers, i recommend you to acquire network licenses that are much more flexible in this aspect. If you send us details about your office environment (at support@itoosoft.com), we could assist you to choose the best licensing scheme for your case.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:54:28 AM by iToo »
Daniel Quintero
Itoo Software
www.itoosoft.com
daniel@itoosoft.com