Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: How do I migrate all of my maps from other files?  (Read 2967 times)

PJ4739

How do I migrate all of my maps from other files?
« on: October 28, 2014, 02:58:41 PM »
I'm experimenting with a project of mine where I merged in some trees and bushes from one of your tutorial files and they render pure white. When I open the slate editor, all of the map images are black.
I'm sure this is a rookie question but , I thought if i went into asset tracking and re-pathed the files needed that would fix this but all of the assets are "found"
So how do I migrate all of the image files needed for my materials for the forestpak objects?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:09:52 AM by Phil_09 »

Rokas

Re: How do I migrate all of my maps from other files?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 03:10:53 PM »
I would recommend using Relink Bitmaps plugin by Colin Senner.
Rokas

PJ4739

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 04:08:14 AM »
Thank You Rokas.
Someone else recommended the same thing and I did download and run the script and all of my maps are located and, after spending 2 hours trying to figure out why my plants are still rendering pure white, I think I'm about ready to throw in the towel.
Can someone get me headed in the right direction towards a solution to this.
I should add that, when I was doing these tutorials after downloading the files I had the same problem. Some, but not all, if my plants were pure white.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:10:28 AM by Phil_09 »

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 07:19:59 AM »
It is as if you pressed that button "Delete All missing buttons"

Didn`t you? If yes, then don`t use it.

Rokas

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 10:09:51 AM »
Hi,

First let me mention, that any of our tutorials contain a readme.html file with information about use of provided files. Before using it for your own work, please double check the corresponding license agreement for any specific model used in the tutorial scene. Thanks in advance.

"This scene uses free sample models from the following commercial model libraries. IToosoft S.L. has received rights to include and distribute the models within this tutorial for exclusive use of learning and formation in the context of this tutorial and can't be used or distribute separately from it. For any derivative work from this tutorial that will use complete or part of this models you must contact with the respective vendors for a specific license agreement."

In Asset Tracking window there is an easy way how to check where the file with status "found" is located - by right clicking and selecting Reveal In Explorer... it'll take you to the source folder. From there you can copy it to any folder needed or map it under Configure User Paths - External Files. Attaching screenshots.

In case you are interested in collecting all used assets and automatically update their paths, you'll find helpful the Resource Collector tool under Utilities - More...

Hope you'll find it useful, but in case of any further question or doubt, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

PJ4739

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 11:45:31 AM »
Rokas, no I didn't press that button.
Michal,
This project I'm working on is just my own tutorial to help me get more familiar with max and Forest Lite. I have no commercial projects going in Max as I'm just learning the program.
Thank You for the response and I'll give this a try.

PJ4739

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 09:09:12 PM »
Michal,
Would you be willing to take a look at the file, (archived)?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 09:38:01 AM »
Hi Phil,

Sure. Would you please send it to support@itoosoft.com? For large files, please use a web sharing service as WeTransfer. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,