Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: incomplete tutorial files  (Read 3673 times)

PJ4739

incomplete tutorial files
« on: September 04, 2014, 09:54:34 PM »
Can anyone steer me in the right direction for all of the files that were supposed to come with the Forest Pack basic tutorial files?
I downloaded the Forest_Basic_Concepts file and, when I open the Vray_start.max fie, half of the maps are missing from the maps folder.
And the Vray_start.max scene is quite a bit lacking in comparison to the file in the tutorial video part 1 on the Itoo website.
Thank You

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: incomplete tutorial files
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 10:47:18 AM »
Hi Phil,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with our tutorial files. I've just downloaded the package from the website and it all seems to be working fine for me. If you could confirm, there should be 102 files in the maps folder and I've opened the Asset Tracking browser and all seems to be well. Could you let me know a few of the maps that are missing so that I can double check the download package?

As for missing geometry, this is probably because there are a number of RailClone objects in the scene that need the plugin installed in order to work. They were made to be compatible with the free Lite version which can be downloaded from here.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Paul

Paul Roberts
iToo Software

PJ4739

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 03:22:50 AM »
Paul,
Here's a shot of my asset status.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 12:21:35 PM »
Hi Phil,

Thanks for the screengrab. I've double checked our download packages and the files listed as missing can be found in the in the maps folder. You may need to just tell max where to find them. Try the following.

• From the Asset Tracking Browser select all the missing files
  • Right click and select Set Path...
  • From the following screen, click the ellipses and navigate to the Maps folder that came with the download. Click Use Path.
  • All the missing images should now be correctly referenced

I hope that solves the problem, please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

PJ4739

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 03:35:04 PM »
Paul, I should have mentioned that most of the files above the ones showing in the screenshot are there and mapped correctly. The files shown as missing are not in the maps folder. That was the first thing I checked. So I re-downloaded the files and they still didn't come through.

Rokas

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 03:46:08 PM »
maybe he is missing itoo original files...

Rokas

PJ4739

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 04:07:38 PM »
Does it matter that I downloaded forest pack Lite, not Pro?
All of these original files seem to refer to pro.

Rokas

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 04:14:25 PM »
Does it matter that I downloaded forest pack Lite, not Pro?
All of these original files seem to refer to pro.
nope.
After install You should have got a pop up asking to automatically add those path for You.
How to add them now automatically i dont know.

but You certainly can add them manually
Rokas

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 04:16:16 PM »
It shouldn't matter, the files that are missing seem to be in the maps folder. I even downloaded it from the tutorial page this morning to check. Though some of the maps are indeed in the default installation of Forest Pack, they've been duplicated in the maps folder too. I'll continue to try and work out what's going on.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software