Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Is it possible to set all selected forest items Render mode to proxy by script?  (Read 3818 times)

ZeHgS

Hi!

I apologize if this is a stupid question but I googled it and had not results. Is it possible to set all selected forest items Render mode to proxy by script?

Thanks a lot!

Rokas

Hi,

In the Lite forum we provide only generic support, including questions about general  features, technical specifications, and licensing.
If you have a Pro license, please use the login credentials included with license to post in the Pro forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Rokas

ZeHgS

Hello!

Thanks so much for your reply. I've been told this the last time I posted here. Here is what I said, replacing the question for the current one:

"I completely understand your stance on this. However, I would argue that this is a very general inquiry. My question is very simple as well as general, namely:

Is there such a feature, among all of the general program features that your product offers, that could allow me to to set all of the selected forest items' Render mode to "Proxy", from "Mesh", by script? Or is it necessary to do this manually, ony by one?

In fact, I would say your documentation is severely lacking in this regard."

This is a question about a general feature, not a specific problem I am encountering. I do not yet own a Pro license, though I intend to buy one in the coming months. I am simply trying to find out whether the plugin you sell has the resources that I need before I make such a very expensive investment. Knowing whether your software has the functionality I require is crucial to my decision of purchasing it.

I do have to say that so far I have been underwhelmed with the support you provide. Both my questions were about general features and do qualify, according to your own rules, for Lite support, and were only asked because your existing documentation was insufficient. It would literally take less time to write an answer than to go copy and paste this unhelpful response. In fact, the answer could probably even be given in a single line. Not only that, both Pro and Lite users might find this useful in the future and this thread could benefit them for years to come, whenever they google the related search terms.

I hope you will take the time to clarify this very generic inquiry that does indeed fall within your support criteria. Thanks!

Rokas

Is it possible to set all selected forest items Render mode to proxy by script?
Yes, it is.
Please consider purchasing PRO license and get access to all PRO features as well as personalized support.

Don't get me wrong, just there is a kind users who try to take advantage of skipping the step.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 07:30:58 AM by Rokas »
Rokas

ZeHgS

Thank you very much for the reply. Is this feature available only in the Pro version? If not, could you please tell me what the command is?

Rokas

It is the same for both Lite and Pro versions.
For selected ForestPack object the command is:
$.rmesh = 1 -- default is 0 which means render Mesh geometry.
You can combine it with specific Proxy representation of Your choice
$.type = 3 -- number from 0 to 5

What number to use You can reference this chart:

So full command to perform this setting on multiple selected Forest objects is:
for each in selection do (each.rmesh = 1 ; each.rtype = 1)

Hope this solves it for You.

P.S.
There is a UI glitch that "rtype" selection is not updated if it was changed via maxscript. Reselect the object and it will be updated.
Rokas

ZeHgS

Thank you very much!

paulkapil08

Thanks for your understanding.
mobdro
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 02:34:16 PM by paulkapil08 »