Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: V-Ray exception Calling GetRenderMesh() for node "Large_Barn" at time 0  (Read 5020 times)

DarkSpyda04

I recently downloaded the Modern Barn tutorial files. I'll open up VRAY_Start2010 and right off the bat I try out a render and get the above error. Sometimes it lets me render flawlessly, other times I get this error. I've never had a problem like this before. By the way I still can't provide the minidump.dmp or dumpdata.zip because the option is greyed out.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
This error is caused by the object "Large_Barn". We sent the scene to ChaosGroup for checking some time ago, but we didn't got reply. It seems this error doesn't happen in the recent versions of Max/VRay. It's not a Forest issue, because in the initial scene there are not Forest objects.

Try upgrading to the latest VRay update. If that doesn't work, you would hide the object and complete the tutorial without it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:05:05 AM by iToo »
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

DarkSpyda04

It only happens some of the time so I can just ignore it and mess around with loading the file until it renders. Alright, now I've completed the third part of the Modern Barn Tutorial, moving on to part four and when I load up the scene I get a application error and the scene closes. Judging by the fact I had to load the scene up multiple times to get the part 3 complete render, I know for a fact that it worked yesterday so I don't know why it's not loading up today.

I know I can just load up the nearest checkpoint that does load and I can finish from there since it's just a tutorial but I'm starting to worry about the impact this has on future scenes that I intend to complete.

Okay, now I bet you I know what it is. I just loaded up the most recent checkpoint and the second I selected the large barn as a new object area I got an application error. In the third part of the tutorial I had indeed used the large barn as an exclude area so I bet you that's why I couldn't load the scene up. I don't know what it is but there's something seriously wrong with that barn. I'll have to use a placeholder object with the same dimensions as the large barn to continue the tutorial.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:56:36 PM by DarkSpyda04 »