Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Motion Blur Not Affecting FP  (Read 2953 times)

BenADigi

Motion Blur Not Affecting FP
« on: February 19, 2022, 02:02:22 PM »
Hello,

Having some real issues getting motion blur to work on forest pack objects. How I achieved this before is grouping the entire landscape (planes, objects, FP objects etc) into one group and then moving this 10 meters from left to right across the camera frame over a period of 12frames (1/2 a second). Previously this has worked no problem and all works as expected. On the latest version of FP 7.3.1 I do not get any motion blur on anything created using FP. I've tried work arounds where I move the objects individually and still get the same results. Tried having some boxes in the middle which moved, and then the FP trees right behind them (given the same movement over the same time period) were completely still.

Am I just missing something or is this a bug?

Tried uninstalling everything to do with FP from my machine and re installed and older version (think 7.0.8) but when I go into 3ds max it still says I have 7.3.1 installed?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Motion Blur Not Affecting FP
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 09:43:47 AM »
Hi,

I couldn't reproduce this one, it works fine for me. Could you send a test scene to helpdesk@itoosoftware.com that reproduces the issue and we'll take a look. Anyway I guess you are trying to get camera motion blur? In my tests simply animating a camera moving across the landscape results in motion blur as expected.

For individual objects (like cars) another option is to add an XForm modifier to the source and animate the gizmo.

I hope that helps,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

BenADigi

Re: Motion Blur Not Affecting FP
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 01:44:59 PM »
Hi,

I couldn't reproduce this one, it works fine for me. Could you send a test scene to helpdesk@itoosoftware.com that reproduces the issue and we'll take a look. Anyway I guess you are trying to get camera motion blur? In my tests simply animating a camera moving across the landscape results in motion blur as expected.

For individual objects (like cars) another option is to add an XForm modifier to the source and animate the gizmo.

I hope that helps,
Paul

Thanks Paul, still having the issue so going to simplify my scene and send it over.

Thanks again