Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Xfrog trees and Plants with Forrest Pack Lite/Pro  (Read 4087 times)

edrdd

Xfrog trees and Plants with Forrest Pack Lite/Pro
« on: December 13, 2012, 04:30:44 PM »
Hi All,
At this moment I am using Forrest Lite, looking towards the Pro. I downloaded some free Xfrog plants because of the diversity and the "free" and tried to use these with Forrest lite which ended in some sort of disaster AKA did not work for me. How does the pro work around the problem that you can't add Trees and Plants to the Forrest Library, where they belong? It can't be done in the Lite I know that. But what about the pro version, Does it have the ability to read the new Plants/Trees in?

Ewout

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Xfrog trees and Plants with Forrest Pack Lite/Pro
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 05:00:56 PM »

With Forest Pro you can create your own libraries, using XFrog plants or other. As you pointed out, this feature is disabled in Forest Lite. But in any case, it is responsibility of the user to prepare the max files, materials and create the libraries. This is not an automatic process.

We are working to provide ready-to-use XFrog catalogs, in the same way that we offer HQ Catalog. They should be ready no long after the release of Forest 4, which is now under development.

Anyway, should not be problems using the XFrog plants manually: just merge the plants objects into the scene, and assign them to Forest (in the Geometry List). You also have the Optimize Material tool, to convert the XFrog materials to VRay/Mental Ray. This procedure works both for Forest Lite and Pro.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

edrdd

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 05:14:39 PM »
Thanks, can't wait till Forrest Pro 4 comes out  :). Is there an approximate time frame?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 05:22:18 PM »
I hope the first beta (Forest Pro only), is ready in the next days. There is not an estimate date for final releases (Lite and Pro), since that depends of the beta phase.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software