Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Trees aren't showing up in render  (Read 3292 times)

PJ4739

Trees aren't showing up in render
« on: September 15, 2014, 03:21:27 PM »
Can anyone tell me why my trees aren't showing up in the render. Or what to look for to correct this.
I'm doing the modern barn tutorial intro and just added trees and tried to render the camera001 view. my assets are all there.
Also, why are the trees in the tutorial video view green, and mine are green, brown, white?
Thanks

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Trees aren't showing up in render
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 04:19:10 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for provided screenshots. Just one additional question. Does this problem appear while rendering locally or by using network rendering service (distributed rendering or backburner)?

Could you please send us the VRay log file (VRayLog.txt) to support@itoosoft.com? Or feel free to send us your copy of the scene and we´ll double check what's causing it. In this case, please use a web sharing service as WeTransfer. Thanks in advance.

Regarding the object color in Points-Clouds mode:

Usually, Forest gets the color used for Points-Clouds mode from the Diffuse slot of used material. This can be changed to Use Color ID - this way it´ll use the Color ID of the item from Geometry list (so you can modify it's appearance easily).

Kind regards,

PJ4739

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 02:45:06 PM »
Michal,
I just sent you a dropbox shared link with the archived scene.  In my email I mentioned that there weren't any cameras in the scene but I then realized they were hidden for some reason. So there is an additional camera, which I added, but still no trees in the render.
Thank You

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 05:45:00 PM »
Thanks for the scene. Your Forest object is taking its properties from the layer "Forest", which is set as non-renderable. Just enable it to solve the problem.
There is not any reason why this layer must be non-renderable. We'll update it to avoid confusions.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

PJ4739

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 06:37:19 PM »
Thanks Carlos.
Should've been the first thing I checked.