Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest Lite and Vray 1.50SP6 Distributed Rendering  (Read 3979 times)

roseman5285

Forest Lite and Vray 1.50SP6 Distributed Rendering
« on: September 20, 2012, 09:42:06 PM »
I was attempting to set up distributed rendering using Vray 1.50 Sp6 and after I installed the plugin on all of the other computers, I tried to render my scene.  They all render, however all of the slaves to not render trees (only the master will render trees).  Any idea as to what the problem is?  I am using the Forest Lite 3.9.4.  Is there something I need to change on the other machines.  I know VRay needs DNC paths, do I need to change some settings in the Forest plugin?

Thanks!

**edit** Forgot to add my max version, Max 2012 64 bit.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:52:50 PM by roseman5285 »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Forest Lite and Vray 1.50SP6 Distributed Rendering
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 09:58:57 PM »

If the plugin is installed in the render nodes, that should be enough. There is not a special configuration to use DR.

Please, try to narrow down the problem testing several scenes, starting from the most simple (for example a simple teapot without textures). If it works, add more elements progresivelly, to find where is the problem exactly.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

roseman5285

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply.  After some tinkering, I think the issue was that when I went to instal the plugin on a few computers, some of the others already had it installed and there was an error that popped up (which I kinda ignored).  Is there an easy way to wipe out and reinstall the plugin?

Thanks again!

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 10:25:51 PM »

You can reinstall it safely.

If that helps, a common issue is to reinstall it while the DR server service is running. In this case, some of the Max files would be locked, and the installation fails. So, please be sure to stop all the Max and VRay processes before installing Forest.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

roseman5285

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 12:12:22 AM »
Apparently what I went through to fix this was to open up max on each machine, make a dummy forest on each machine to initiate the plugin, and restart the vrayspawner service.

Everything seems to be working now.  Thanks for the quick help!