Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: "Place items on a displaced surface" and Corona  (Read 3298 times)

TK2563

"Place items on a displaced surface" and Corona
« on: February 20, 2018, 01:20:47 PM »
Hi,
I've got a problem with a "Place items on a displaced surface" effect and Corona. I tried to setup everything in both techniques (old and new one) and everytime I'm trying to setup DisplaceAmount and connect it to maxLevel from CoronaDisplacementMod Forest disappear and doesn't render any objects. Is there any solution to that?

Regards.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 02:17:39 PM by TK2563 »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: "Place items on a displaced surface" and Corona
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 04:35:25 PM »
Hi,

There were some changes done recently on the "Place items on a displaced surface" effect To use the actual version:
  • Instance the map used for displacement to Forest's Material > Get Color from Map slot under the Modify panel
  • Check the As Texture option
  • Go to the Effects roll-out and Load the Scatter on Displaced Surfaces effect or Import the New_Displacement.eff file in case you're using older FP version.
  • Select the DisplaceAmount parameter and click on the Pick button. Select the maxLevel track from the CoronaDisplacementMod (or equivalent) modifier (alternatively you can enter a value manually by using the New_Displacement_values.eff file instead)
Attaching a sample scene.

Thanks in advance for any further comments you can share with us / our user community.

Best regards,

antmx

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 04:04:07 PM »
Not working for me (corona), I'm trying most variations on your above instructions but the leaves will not follow the displacement of the paving stones.

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 04:16:33 PM »
Have You tried Example from previous post?

It works correctly:
Rokas