Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest Pack Pro and Unity 3D  (Read 3454 times)

Colin Hanford

Forest Pack Pro and Unity 3D
« on: December 16, 2012, 06:22:32 PM »
Hi all,

Are there any Forest Pack Pro users out there also using the real-time software Unity 3D ? I only have very limited knowledge of Unity, very very limited :) , but it would seem accurately placing vast amounts of vegetation is a pain in Unity 3D.

I would like a way where I could import the same splines and meshes that I use in 3ds Max into Unity 3D and then apply similar vegetation (albeit using Unity 3D vegetation assets) to those splines and meshes to produce real-time versions of my 3ds Max scenes. Has anyone else tried this and found a work around?

Ideally I'd like to see Itoo develop a plugin for Unity 3D to do what I've mentioned above, so just putting a call out there to see if others would also be interested in such a plugin? The same goes for RailClone too :)

Cheers,
Colin

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Forest Pack Pro and Unity 3D
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 08:50:41 PM »

I'm afraid in this case i cannot help you, because my knowledge of Unity is zero. :-\
I hope other users could share here their experience on this issue.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

George

Re: Forest Pack Pro and Unity 3D
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 04:42:51 AM »
The challenges and demands of realtime applications is completely different to what Forest Pro does. I agree that it would be nice to have the same distribution tools, but those alone may not generate the required revenue to support such an endeavour. Couple that with the fact that you need Unity Pro to support unmanaged plugins (c++), and you'd either have a significantly decreased audience, or a big porting project on your hands.