Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest objects disappearing on network rendering  (Read 5788 times)

CG4983

Forest objects disappearing on network rendering
« on: October 14, 2017, 06:10:25 PM »
This issue is mentioned in another post related to vRay, but I'm using MAX 2016 SP4 and mental ray, and FP 5.4.1, so thought I'd start a new thread. I have a camera circling over a field including a patch of mulch, a patch of grass and scattered leaves. The mulch object renders fine, the leaves render fine, but the individual grass objects in the grass FP object flicker off and on. Not all grass object flicker on and off. They flicker off and on in specific areas, where the grass meets the mulch. I have the mulch setup as an "exclude" object for the grass, so the grass doesn't come up through the mulch. Any ideas on a solution?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Forest objects disappearing on network rendering
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 08:45:52 AM »
Does it happen only in network render or also rendering locally ?

If possible please send us a simplificated scene to check it.

Thanks,
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

CG4983

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 06:35:16 PM »
I verified that there's no relation to which computer is rendering the different shifting objects, and it appears that a single computer will render the exact same shifting of objects. I also rendered the job out of MAX without backburner with the same results. I'll keep testing further. The scene is almost 500 MB, so I'll try to parse it down to just the problem objects. Thanks!

CG4983

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 04:42:07 AM »
I turned off the exclusion object and it renders fine. Still working on getting a watered down scene for you to test.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 08:52:03 AM »
Ok, a cause for this problem may be the Camera clipping. If it's enabled for the excluding object, Forest will create different grass distributions when camera moves.

Please check if Camera->"Limit to Visibility" or "Distance falloff" is enabled, and try turning them off. Or better uncheck "Auto assign to active view" and click the "Clear" button to disable all Camera options.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

CG4983

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 09:49:45 PM »
Camera clipping was enabled for the excluding object. Disabling all the camera options for the excluding object solved the problem. Thank you very much!!!!

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 08:30:06 AM »
Great. I'm glad i could help out. :)
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software