Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Issues with custom library  (Read 1017 times)

IJ2230

Issues with custom library
« on: February 15, 2022, 03:45:58 PM »
Hello, I did buy some Maxtree models this morning and wanted to add them into the forest library. But I'm facing 2 issues here:

-The maps folder is not automatically linked so it renders with no textures. I only managed to get them by adding the specific "Maps" folder in 3dsmax project paths. But I have hundred of libraries and it doesn't feel the right way to add these one by one, How to proceed?
-I got an error missing dlls message "Filename: coronamaxutils2014.dlt Class: CoronaFrontBack" for every item I'm importing via Forestpack. I don't have this in the original maxfile. The materials are all Vray and renders properly. I don't use/have Corona on my computer.

Thank you in advance for your assistance

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Issues with custom library
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 04:56:23 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for contacting us. As Maxtree are a 3rd party provider of tree models, I would suggest that you contact their support to help with any issues related to their collections. Almost certainly the coronamaxutils issue is due to a dependency that's left in their files, but it could be automatically ignored thanks to Max's scene converter feature. There may be some workarounds in this thread that can help: https://forum.itoosoft.com/forest-pro-(*)/missing-dll/msg27263/#msg27263

Regarding the maps folders. Forest Pack will scan library locations when first run during each session and add any folders named "maps" to the project paths. According to Maxtree's FAQ they may not use that naming convention in favour of something like "MT_PM_V(X)_Maps" which will prevent them from being added automatically. In that case, I'm afraid you'd need to add them manually or rename the folders so that they can be automatically added by FP.

I hope that helps,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software