Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Display error Help  (Read 3036 times)

Sketchrender

Display error Help
« on: November 18, 2015, 05:53:49 PM »
Hi

I have a small problem.
I have used the preset of Grass  on a scene and the error  "some forest objects were not built correctly in the last render, view stats:

So What do i adjust to the rigging of the grass.

Thank you

philip

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Display error Help
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 06:05:59 PM »
Hi Phillip,

To find out what's causing that error you can go to the General rollout and click on the Stats button.

This will give you more information to help you fix the error. You can find information about the error messages in our FAQ

I hope that helps.

Many thanks,

Paul

Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Sketchrender

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 07:32:17 PM »
Thank you, I know that, But what do I do to change the setting so it works.
I presume I have too many objects in the scene, grass as a default is dense.
25 million objects for the area i am trying to render, but I have 32 gb of ram and 48 threads.

Thought it would be enough.

Phil

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 09:17:47 PM »
Hi Phil,

The number of objects produced by Forest Pack are limited by two settings: Distribution Map > Max Density and Display > Max Items and Max Faces.

These are there to prevent novice users from crashing max by trying to create huge distributions but with your configuration there should be no problem increasing these two values. Read more about this here.

If you need to you can also lower the density of the grass using the Distribution > Density value. For very large areas it may also make sense to make a larger patch of grass and if you're using our presets make sure you have the Field size selected which is designed to cover larger areas.

I hope that helps, but please let me know if you have further questions.

Many thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software