Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: A question about Random Sample mode of Forest pro pack,please.  (Read 1483 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Hello iToosoft,
We all know the Forest Pro pack will generate lots of random start frames of the trees when it is in "Random Samples" mode. As this http://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/tutorial_animation_new.php tutorial said, " Let's try another example. In the illustration below, the Time Offset value has increased to 5 and the Count is now 6. This returns 6 samples at frames 0,5,10,15,20 and 25, randomly scattered by Forest Pack Pro.  " Is it possible to generate some start frame value in decimal mode such as 0.5, 10.5, 15.33, 20.81 ? In other words, would the start frames be subframes ?

Thanks for your reply.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 08:22:27 AM by cc8boy »
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: A question about Random Sample mode of Forest pro pack,please.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 09:27:20 AM »
Hi, no actually it's not possible to define fractional frames. It was possible in previous versions, but we had to change it because an incompatibility with Max 2016 and old scenes (time parameters changed slightly in Max 2016).

I've added this issue to our to-do list. We'll try to fix this limitation for next updates.
Thanks.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

cc8boy

• C7design
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 11:09:10 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply.
The Importance. My purpose is to avoid any fractional frames in the tree objects. There will be some critial problems if the  fractional frames are generated.

1. Which version above will avoid any  fractional frames ? (above this version will avoid  any  fractional frames?)
2. Can the Forest pro pack 4.4.1 avoid any fractional frame sample in MAX2012 64bit and MAX2011 64bit?
3. If version 4.4.1 will generate  fractional frames , how to void this happen ?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 12:38:57 PM by cc8boy »
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 01:57:54 PM »
Hi,

(1) Since the Forest Pack Lite/Pro 4.4.0 : Animation->time parameters are defined now as number of frames, instead time units.

(2) The behaviour is the same in any of 3ds Max versions (FP 4.4.0 and newer will use just integers).

(3) The Forest Pack Lite/Pro 4.4.1 maintain that format (no decimals allowed).

Best regards,

cc8boy

• C7design
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 07:25:27 PM »
Thanks for your replay again. I'm relieved.