Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: How do I do tiling with forest  (Read 4770 times)

bmlokesh

How do I do tiling with forest
« on: August 30, 2017, 02:48:42 PM »
I have an object for the paving which has got height variations, and the object covers a very large area

I want to lay 4"X4" stone pavers with grout along 45 degree
I know railcone is the best plugin for this kind of job but it is taking too long to load and file slows down a lot (no of segments is one ore issue)

I have two types of pavers darker and lighter which has only been differentiated with stone map
Forest pack can work well if I simply can tile 600mmX600mm paver tile with all the detail. it should be able to rotate only in 90 degree interval to give some variation and that's it

How do I achieve this

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: How do I do tiling with forest
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 03:31:41 PM »
Hi,

First let me mention, that in RailClone to avoid any deformation on used geometry, you can simply disable Deform - Bend & Deform - Slice options for that Segment. Please feel free to check our on-line reference guide for more detailed information.
"... I want to lay 4"X4" stone pavers with grout along 45 degree ..."
You can archive it by using the Full Distribution Map, adjusting the Density accordingly and setting the Rotation to 45º (the used Custom Object should be rotated too).
"... I have two types of pavers darker and lighter which has only been differentiated with stone map ..."
The Forest Color map in the Get Color from Map - As texture on Surface will allow you to assign these easily.
"... it should be able to rotate only in 90 degree interval to give some variation and that's it."
You can use the Probability Curve feature, that'll be controlling the angle or the "Stepped Rotation" Effect.

Best regards,
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 03:35:42 PM by Michal Karmazín »

bmlokesh

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 08:09:28 AM »
Thanks for the help

Your suggestions are very helpful

Now I am not bale fit the pavers inside according to the angle they are supposed to be placed, and they are not even showing even after rising the "Max density"

Each strip is in different angle and the pavers are supposed to follow the direction

They are not even sitting within the boundary, they are spilling into the other boundary (darker into lighter pavers....etc)

please help me to achieve this

I am attaching link to download the file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7pDnrXWDhEsbWZpdTNaRlFqUEE/view?usp=sharing

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 12:37:08 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the provided scene.

"... each strip is in different angle and the pavers are supposed to follow the direction ..."
Using the RailClone plug-in would be the way forward in this case. The "Auto Align" feature of the Array Generator > Extend X/Y Size to Area mode set "to Spline" (X axis is aligned with first Spline's segment (you can use "Make first" vertex and "Reverse" spline to modify alignment)) will do the trick. Attaching a screen-shot. Hope that helps.

Best regards,

bmlokesh

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 03:32:56 PM »
Thank you very much it is very much appreciated