Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Mixed licenses  (Read 473 times)

HP3623

Mixed licenses
« on: June 05, 2020, 05:40:07 PM »
I have an issue with using mixed licenses.

We got 6 licenses in total were 2 licenses have a expired subscription. The rest of the licenses are active till Nov. 2020.
All licenses are network licenses and installed on our server (latest version 1.42)

I now installed new fp and rc versions for max 2021. Sadly I'm now getting the the message that I need a updated license.
For me it seems that the workstation is taking the first available free license, which seems to be expired instead of using one of the others which are free and active.

How can I fix this behaviour?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Mixed licenses
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 09:33:23 AM »
Hi, that is the default behaviour of the License Server for Forest Pack. Licenses are assigned randomly from the available pool, regardless to the subscription date.
For this reason, we suggest to not mix expired and active licenses in the Server, if you plan to use the latest Forest version.

For the next major update (Forest 7), we are going to change this. The licenses will be assigned according to the version of the plugin which is installed in the workstation, dispatching first the licenses with older subscription date.
In fact, RailClone 4 already works in this way.

Unfortunately it's not possible to modify this behaviour in Forest 6. It requires major changes both in the plugin and the License Server.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Morne

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 10:18:27 AM »
I'm possibly about to renew my subs. and have a quick question relating to the above message.

Does that mean the latest FP (6) and RC (4) uses different license servers?

Can I install 1 license server, or it will run of 2 different ones?

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 10:19:50 AM »
One license server. Latest serves both licenses.
Rokas

Morne

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 10:50:40 AM »
Thanks