Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: animation  (Read 1210 times)

in3des

animation
« on: December 09, 2015, 06:57:49 PM »
Hi,
I'm trying to make lights animation - and it seems not working when I add lights to forest...
Forest can catch light material animation (intensity - keyframes), but result is not very good.
I tried to animate visibility of objects, but looks like forest cannot catch it.

Any walkaround or other solution?

Thx.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:07:12 PM by in3des »

in3des

Re: animation
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 09:39:16 AM »
temp walkaround solution - instantiate forest objects, then use standard 3dmax 'clone & align' tool to replace instances with original animated objects
luckily I used not too many different instances
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:41:37 AM by in3des »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 10:21:08 AM »
Hi,

That's a a common request both for Forest Pack and RailClone, but unfortunately 3ds Max handles lights as non-geometric entities, and cannot be generated by a geometric plug-in. In the past we tried several tricks to implement it, but results were not satisfactory.

You've used the most recommendable work-around - convert the Forest (or its copy) object to instances with help of Forest Tools (to individual instanced objects) and than clone your light object with 3ds Max's Clone and Align tool or replace these instances with help of this Replace Objects Script (or any similar script).

Best regards,

in3des

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 03:31:55 PM »
Hi, thanks for reply
Ok, lights is lights...
Is it possible for forest to catch all parameters animation from instances (disregarding object type)? It's not geometry related.

P.S. in my case I used light material over geometry.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 03:49:14 PM »
Hi,

With help of Forest Tools - Forest Exporter you can get Animation sample index (animSample) & Animation Offset (animOffset) values for each item. Attaching screenshot.

Best regards,