Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: areas rollout - specific rotation values  (Read 1232 times)

archaeotect

areas rollout - specific rotation values
« on: March 07, 2019, 05:42:27 PM »
Hi!
In the "Areas" rollout I can adjust the distribution map's scale and threshold on a per area basis. Would it be possible to add a rotation value as well?
Right now, when I want to align forest objects differently to specific areas (rows of plants for example), I have to create several Forest Objects, even though everything but the distribution map's orientation remains the same. Could this be avoided? Or is there a workaround?

Rokas

Re: areas rollout - specific rotation values
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 08:42:12 AM »
Maybe using Path Distribution mode could help You:

Rokas

archaeotect

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 01:13:09 PM »
Thank you, that's a good solution! Haven't used Path mode before, good to know.

Still, as a feature request for the future I think a rotation adjustment value per area would be nice, if only to add variation to areas, break up tiling or align irregular clusters.

archaeotect

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 03:59:34 PM »
Speaking of variation, it would be nice to be able to set different Spacing intervals per path in Path Distribution mode! Again, just for tiny changes I have to create multiple Forest objects.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 04:16:26 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for all the suggestions - we'll evaluate possible solutions for future releases. Regarding the different spacing - an option to handle such situation easily would be to use the Normalize Spline modifier over these paths to adjust vertex distances as wanted and use the In Vertex Positions mode instead.

Best regadrs,
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:25:01 PM by Michal Karmazín »