Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Distribution of Hedges issue  (Read 724 times)

amitgedia

Distribution of Hedges issue
« on: March 08, 2021, 03:15:25 PM »
Hi,
First of thanks to the entire Itoo team for a great update, i like it a lot

As there are new libraries i thought of using the hedges first. As mentioned we can distribute them along a spline and so i did them, drew a rectangle applied Fp to it and from the library used one of the hedges, rendered it and it looked great. BTW was using path distribution method.Then i decided to check another hedge to see how it looked so went to the library and selected another hedge and to my surprise it didn't take the already in use spline and the path distribution roll out was blank so i had to select the spline once again. I thought it might be a problem from my end so restarted the computer and tried the whole process once again and again the same issue.
So is it an issue or a bug in the new release or do we have to repeat the process everytime you change the library.

Also when you distribute lights along the spline and if you change the spacing after distribution the lights gets multiplied for eg i take a rectangle and distribute lights along it say at a distance of 5 feets there will be 10 lights and then if i plan to change the spacing to say 10 feets the instead of decreasing in the number the lights get multiplied so i have 10 + 5 = 15 lights. Is this also a bug

I am using 3dsmax 2020, latest vray 5.1 version and latest FPP.
Also attaching the 3dsmax file for ref

Thanks and hope to sort this asap
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 03:23:09 PM by amitgedia »

Tryharder

Re: Distribution of Hedges issue
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 03:52:07 PM »
same problem over here

Vray 5.1 and max 2021

Rokas

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 03:56:10 PM »
We were aware of lost spline issue. Thank You for Your concern though. I will try to bump this issue.

Also when you distribute lights along the spline and if you change the spacing after distribution the lights gets multiplied for eg i take a rectangle and distribute lights along it say at a distance of 5 feets there will be 10 lights and then if i plan to change the spacing to say 10 feets the instead of decreasing in the number the lights get multiplied so i have 10 + 5 = 15 lights. Is this also a bug

You did this "test" with IPR running, didn't You? Try stopping it and it should update properly.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:03:11 PM by Rokas »
Rokas

amitgedia

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 08:19:24 PM »
Hi Rokas,
I tried with and without IPR, same issue

amitgedia

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 08:31:15 PM »
Hi Rokas,
There is another issue as well with the library as well
Attaching the screenshot as well

Rokas

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 09:21:15 PM »
Hi Rokas,

Hi. Please add some illustrations, best - video if You can.
Rokas

FC1888

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 12:57:13 AM »
Hi Rokas,

Just want to confirm the spline vanishing from the distribution list, when swapping out one hedge preset with another. However when Rokas mentioned the IPR problem when scattering lights along a spline, I had this problem myself and stopping IPR solved the problem..

So I am just confirming you are not thinking this applies to hedge presets as well, which it doesn't, only when scattering lights.

For now we have to re-select the spline(s) for the new hedge preset to update, until they figure out how to prevent the list from being emptied, when we want to change the preset.

amitgedia

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2021, 01:27:19 PM »
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the input on scattering lights.
I didnt have the IPR on when changing the spacing only the VFB was open, closing the VFB sorted out the issue which was strange, dont know if anyone else had this issue.
So scattering of lights issue sorted and now will wait for the spline path distribution issue to be sorted .
Thanks guys for all the support.