Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Object ID per item  (Read 1931 times)

Macker

Object ID per item
« on: August 21, 2019, 12:59:15 PM »
Hi guys,

I've been working on a few projects now that have large car parks and involve a lot of trucks, etc.

Currently we have all of the cars in the car park being scattered by forest pro, which works very well. The colours of these cars are randomised using the forest colour map, which again works well however I am wondering if there is a way to use the VRayMultiSubTex to do the same using object ID's?

The reason being we have a truck set up as a vray proxy that has a material set up that we have quite a lot of control over - using the VRayMultiSubTex we can alter the ID and it changes the livery on the side of the truck. This allows us to place certain branded trucks in specific places, or randomly distribute them - it also has full support on the chaos cloud (where we are rendering our animations).

The reason I don't want to use forest colour *in this particular instance* is because if I'm rendering the vehicles outside of forest pro, it won't randomise them.

Can I set forest pro to randomise Object ID's so that I can use the VRayMultiSubTex?

Rokas

Re: Object ID per item
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 03:05:30 PM »
Hi

I hope You can find this discussion useful and informational.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 03:51:36 PM by Rokas »
Rokas

Macker

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 03:44:00 PM »
Link's broken

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 08:31:40 AM »
Sorry, link is fixed.