Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Best way to use geometry when close to specific area  (Read 2824 times)

Adam86

Best way to use geometry when close to specific area
« on: May 10, 2018, 12:53:58 PM »
Hi, bit of a thought exercise...

I have 6 species of shrub, I a several shrub beds all as one mesh. I want to try and use forest to distribute these shrubs in clusters on to the mesh, which I've done, no problem. however. I want specific species to be either at the front, or back of each bed. what is the best way to do this?

Could I have perhaps use a spline near the back and one at the front of each bed, using a front / middle / back forest distribution system to do this maybe?

Adam86

Re: Best way to use geometry when close to specific area
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 01:18:29 PM »
Answered my own question! Using two forest spawners, one for the middle and one for the front, using a closed spline to tell the middle shrub not to go past the front spline, then using front spline to keep front shrub in place. I'll post render after lunch!

Rokas

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 01:19:39 PM »
Great tip. Looking forward for Your results.
Rokas

Adam86

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 02:47:14 PM »
And here it is! took an hour to render at full res so might need to look at optimising the mesh but worked successfully! the Geranium Bevans Variety and the Carex are cluster distributed at the front of each plot, not entirely automated but drawing a spline doesn't take 2 seconds!