Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Network render max2013 vray 2.30.01 and forest 4  (Read 8227 times)

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Network render max2013 vray 2.30.01 and forest 4
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 12:47:28 PM »
Still have problem with network rendering , i just reinstalled the plug on the slave without any max or spawner running.
I test with a teapod scatter and its work good, but not with the forest preset like grass or rock.
Please tell my why.

Please, open References->XRef objects and XRef scenes, and post a screenshot of both.

Also send us the file 3dsmax.ini of the slave node. It can be found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsmax\<max version>\enu\3dsmax.ini

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 08:13:54 PM »
This test also would help, to check if there are missing XRefs or textures:

1) Convert the Forest objects to stand-alone instances, using Forest Tools
2) Delete the Forest object
3) Render.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

aurelarchi

• Aurélien BRION Architecte 3d graphiste
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 12:34:22 PM »
I converted the forest object as instance and the network rendering is ok.
I will send you the screenshot from the xref and the .ini files, can you give me the mail ?

Thx !

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 12:56:11 PM »

Please, send it to support@itoosoft.com.

Thanks,
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

BP2759

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 02:07:19 PM »
I'm having the same issue.  Just upgraded the department, 24 slaves and 4 workstations.  Forest works on the slaves if I do not use there preset libraries.  When I do use the libraries on the render farm it only works on other workstation, not the slaves.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 02:57:44 PM »
I'm having the same issue.  Just upgraded the department, 24 slaves and 4 workstations.  Forest works on the slaves if I do not use there preset libraries.  When I do use the libraries on the render farm it only works on other workstation, not the slaves.

This is basically a problem of the DR nodes, which for some reason cannot found the references used by Presets (as the XRefs or the materials). Anyway we don't use nothing special here: once applied, a preset is a standard Forest object, with their materials and custom objects.

In case the library is working in XRef mode (there is a selector for that), the Preset object is added to the scene as a XRef. It not, it is merged. And all the presets objects are installed with the setup program at C:\Program Files (x86)\Itoo Software\Forest Pack Pro\lib\Presets, so they should exist in the slave nodes, if Forest have been installed on them.

We are trying to reproduce the problem here, but our tests run fine. We don't know why certain configurations of DR fail to locate the preset references (xrefs, materials or something else). We also are in contact with ChaosGroup about this issue, i hope we have more information soon.

By now, the only workaround is to use the Presets in "Merge" mode, or merging the objects to the scene if you have imported them as XRef. Unfortunately, this seem to not work in all cases.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

aurelarchi

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 03:59:29 PM »
Using forest object as instance made several crash on max 2013+vray 2.40................................
The same as slide forest mat from max material editor to forest mat slot............

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 05:26:50 PM »
Using forest object as instance made several crash on max 2013+vray 2.40................................
The same as slide forest mat from max material editor to forest mat slot............
Do you mean creating instances of Forest objects, or converting the items to stand-alone instances using Forest Tools ? In any case, please send us the minidump generated by Max at crashing, it will help us to identify the problem.

About the presets issue, we think it would be caused by missing textures in the slave node. To fix it, it is necessary to edit the file 3dsmax.ini as described here:

http://www.itoosoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=1417.0

If you have problems to locate the ini file, please wait to the update that we will release in the next days. It will include a fix to add this path automatically in the render nodes.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

aurelarchi

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 05:59:59 PM »
Thanks,

But this is not only missing textures for the network rendering, the slaves don't render any geometry.
So waiting for the new release.