Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Boundary checking edge mode with Octane Render  (Read 1577 times)

JS4753

Boundary checking edge mode with Octane Render
« on: January 06, 2015, 02:05:02 PM »
Hey,

I renewed my forest pack subscription mainly because of the new boundary checking mode with edges. Now I tried it and when I switch to edge mode it tells me that "edge mode was not supported for the current renderer" (which is Octane Render) and the render output is actually point mode  :'(. Is that an incompatibility from Itoo Software or from Octane Render? And do you know if it will be made compatible in the near future?

Thanks in advance you for your answer. Greetings and happy new year to everyone!

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Boundary checking edge mode with Octane Render
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 02:15:11 PM »
Hi, i'm afraid there are technical limitations to implement Edge Mode in Octane. Please see my reply about this issue here.

Happy new year for you as well !. :)
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

JS4753

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 02:26:49 PM »
Hey,

thx a lot for your superfast answer!  :)

That's really sad, the I will switch to the Otoy forum and increase preassure there!  ;D ;D

And I've got another next question right away, which is a completely different one but I didn't want to open a completely new thread.:

I tried out the gravel presets from the Forest pack library and the geometry is working really nice  ;D but it gives me the following error message for the material:

Error loading material library: "C:\....PATH...\matlib\3d_gravel_octane.mat".

How can I make this work? Are there already materials existing for octane which aren't loaded (because they are already named liked that) or will they be added later?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 04:53:15 PM »
Sorry about that error. By default the Library Browser tries to load a material library compatible with the current renderer, but in this case there is not anyone available for Octane.

We didn't include materials for Octane because the Gravel library makes an extensive use of Forest Color (which is not compatible with Octane).
We'll try to create a more simple material library for next udpates, which would be converted easily to Octane.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

JS4753

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 10:13:05 AM »
Ok thank you for your answer. I am looking forward to this  :)