Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Bright green float values error  (Read 1147 times)

EN4001

Bright green float values error
« on: July 24, 2015, 03:28:29 AM »
I have 5 forest pro instances being used for different areas of a scene. 1 forest pro instance is causing bright green pixels with extremely high float values. If I hide this forest instance the bright green pixels do not render. If I unhide but turn of the area for distribution I still get bright green pixels.

I've ade sure the materials are all vray and look correct but this still occurs.

Any ideas what is happening ?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Bright green float values error
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 10:48:11 AM »
Hi,

Sound like a material / illumination / color mapping issue. I would suggest you to double check in the V-Ray frame buffer you're using the Force color clamping option. That should fix it.

If the issue persist, would you please provide us more details about these troubles (also a  screenshot of the VFB would be ideal)?

Best regards,

EN4001

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 05:22:22 PM »
Force color clamping is always on by default and still is. I've substituted the materials with brand new ones and it is still doing it. I've carried out a vray scene converter on the entire scene but this does not help. It only seems to do it with this one forest instance...so strange !

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 05:48:02 PM »
Hi,

Would you please do a quick test by rendering your scene after all Forest objects conversion with the Forest Tools utility (you can find it under Utilities panel - More ... - Forest Tools)? Please feel free to check more about it in our on-line reference guide.

Could you also send us the V-Ray's log file? It might point to the source of the problem. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

EN4001

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 05:55:33 PM »
Okay. I've actually just resolved the issue. I was so convinced it was a particular forest instance because every time I turned it off the issue wasn't showing. I found out in the end that it was actually another instance that had the RGB value for a green texture at 2.0. I'm surprised this value had such an imapct on the final render to cause such high float values !

Anyway. All sorted. Thanks