Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Switch out mesh plants in scene to ForestPack proxy objects  (Read 1546 times)

Haider of Sweden

• Portfolio
Switch out mesh plants in scene to ForestPack proxy objects
« on: October 28, 2016, 03:29:05 PM »
Hi!

What is the recommended workflow switching out meshes in a scene (already scaled, rotated and placed out in the scene) to ForestPack proxy objects?
Could you please explain two workflows, where one is to keep the plant-meshes in the scene and the other Xreffed into the scene?
//Haider

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Switch out mesh plants in scene to ForestPack proxy objects
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 03:58:04 PM »
Hi,

For this purpose, you might find useful the "InstancesToForest" script (it's looking in the scene for instances of the objects in Forest Pack's item list. When it finds them they're added to FP, matching the position, rotation and scale).

Once having the Forest object, you can easily select used Custom Object(s) - for example via the quad menu (right click) - Select Forest Custom Object and to process XRef Objet(s) from selected geometry I would suggest you to use the Convert Selected Objects to XRefs ... tool (under References - XRef Objects).

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Haider of Sweden

• Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 04:17:05 PM »
Thank you for your swift reply.

I just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing; the solution you provided will turn non-FP objects (ie meshes created by myself or bought) to FP point clouds, right?
//Haider

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 05:18:25 PM »
Hi,

Yes, on mentioned post there's also a short video showing that InstancesToForest script functionality.

Best regards,

Haider of Sweden

• Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 05:46:16 PM »
Thank you very much.

There were some issues with the InstanceToForest script, but I guess I'd ask the question in the other thread.
//Haider