Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Bug or Feature Request to resize option panels or 4K - support  (Read 1019 times)

JG_archviz

• JG
Bug or Feature Request to resize option panels or 4K - support
« on: September 20, 2019, 10:18:36 AM »
Would it be possible to make "option panels" resizable?

I've troubles setting the brush-size of area paint with 4K display and 125% scaling in windows 10 .... 100% scaling might be an option to work around this, but then everything is supertiny on a 27" display.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Bug or Feature Request to resize option panels or 4K - support
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 11:00:23 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the message. Unfortunately, the options panel for paint is a built-in max interface that we cannot control. The same UI is seen in Vertex Paint, Edit Poly's Paint Deformation, the ribbon's free form tools and a few other places. I've double-checked and they also suffer from this issue when using scaling over 100%, it seems even in 2020.

I'm afraid, there isn't much more we can do from our side as that interface is completely handled by max itself. Thanks for your understanding.

All the best,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 11:17:27 AM »
OK - after a little research, you might find some of the suggestions in this ADSK post help.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/DPI-scaling-using-4K-monitors-is-wrong-or-not-working-properly-using-newer-versions-of-3ds-Max.html

It seemed to work for me using the System or System(Enhanced) options.

Hope that helps,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

JG_archviz

• JG
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 12:10:26 PM »
thank you.. i'll have a look into that..