Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: BUG with Octane??  (Read 2602 times)

Nildo Essa

BUG with Octane??
« on: February 19, 2013, 02:45:41 PM »
Hello

Congrats on final release of 4.0.1,

Im not sure if its a forest bug or octane bug...but i think its forest's

if i choose "movable proxy" for forest in octane properties and using the std plane object of forest..whenever i change the density of the planes..all is well, i mean, both max viewport and octane update with no issues..but as soon as i change the std object to a 3d one from the library,the object disappear in max viewport, i have to press "update render geometry" on the octane window, for them to show up in octane..and do a slight pan in max viewport for them to appear in the max viewport...as soon as mess with the density parameter to reduce or increase objects in max viewport..they disappear again, i have to re-press "update render geometry" on octane again for the objects to update in octane and max again..

Nildo

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: BUG with Octane??
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 05:40:11 PM »

As far as i know, the exporting process of Forest to Octane is not interactive, it is necessary to use "update render geometry" each time. The "movable proxy" has no effect here. Really Forest does not work as a standard object of the scene, but a generator of other objects.

In this case, i have not details about the implementation of Forest in Octane, because it has been developed by the Octane team (we only have provided to them an interface to the Forest items). You can ask in their forum to know more.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software