Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: forestpro 4.2.2 and vray 3 render problem  (Read 2676 times)

LB2304

forestpro 4.2.2 and vray 3 render problem
« on: April 23, 2014, 11:29:13 PM »
Not sure what is causing this but I am using 2D plants in the forest pro objects and getting some kind of white/blue glow  near the top of the plants.  In the video the glow disappears as the camera gets closer to the plants.

Any suggestions?

LB2304

Re: forestpro 4.2.2 and vray 3 render problem
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 12:41:07 AM »
here is an additional render, I checked the material and everything seems ok, it's using the default forest pro plants, there is a map for the opacity slot, but doesn't look like it's using it correctly...

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 12:27:53 PM »
Hi,

Can you please send us simplified scene (containing problematic Forest Pack objects) to support@itoosoft.com? For large files, please use a web sharing service as WeTransfer or Dropbox. Thx in advance.

Kind regards,

LB2304

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 09:35:56 PM »
yes, thanks for looking into this.  Not sure why the opacity mask isn't showing properly.  I lowered the density amount so that it's a bit more obvious what is happening.

LB2304

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 09:38:58 PM »
I have a camera in the scene, if you go to about frame 1080 you'll find the forest objects at that time.

LB2304

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 09:47:59 PM »
I tried turning collision "ON" and it doesn't cause that opacity map issue anymore.  However I need to increase the density of the distribution to fill the ground with more plants.  I don't remember having to turn on collision before and having that issue with the opacity maps?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 05:35:53 PM »
Hi,

We did multiple testing on your scene and looks like it's some VRay 3 issue and it's probably linked to Environment Map. Please find attached scene where all Forest objects are collapsed to meshes and materials simplified into VRay ones without any Forest feature. The issue still persist independently if Forest Pack is used or not. Unfortunately we can't isolate the problem.

Tested also with older releases of VRay where works fine (VRay 2.4).

Could you kindly ask Chaos Group team for help with this issue? Can be linked to your environment lightning setup. Feel free to use attached file with collapsed problematic objects. Hope they'll identify where the problem is and help you to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

LB2304

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 07:46:10 PM »
thank you so much for helping!  I'll follow up with the chaos group team on this issue