Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Problem With Custom Edit Mode  (Read 4412 times)

LR2016

Problem With Custom Edit Mode
« on: July 21, 2011, 06:17:48 PM »
When I create a forest with the standard Generate mode I can add multiple types of trees to the forest from the library and it all looks great. This works best with a polyline enclosing the forest area. However, if I use the custom edit mode to create individual trees (say 50 trees) and try to add several different styles from the library, only the tree at the top of the library stack will be applied to the scene. Is this normal?

I want trees at specific locations but to be created from more than one species. Is it possible?

Thanks

Reg

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Problem With Custom Edit Mode
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 06:34:10 PM »

Yes, it is normal if you have added the styles to the Geometry List after placing the trees:

By default Forest doesn't modify any parameter of the existing items (including ID), because is possible that the user would like to preserve the current distribution.  To randomize the IDs after adding new styles, select the items and click "Random ID" followed by "Reset Size".

Instead, if you place new trees, they are randomly assigned from the full list. Also, if you want to plant trees using a specific ID, set a value in the "Geometry ID" parameter before using the "Create Trees" button.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software