Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Camera is not updating  (Read 574 times)

FD7518

Camera is not updating
« on: January 22, 2023, 06:39:28 AM »
Hi,
We have the latest forest pack. When we choose another camera it is still stuck on camera 2. We have to manually select camera 3. If we leave it clear  nothing happens. We go to camera 3 but it renders grass like it is seen through camera 2. Auto assign to active view is missing .  Thanks

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Camera is not updating
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 11:05:54 AM »
Hi,

To use the “current camera” you should use the Clear button to leave it "unassigned" (None) - when empty, the Camera is taken automatically from the render view.

Might be, that your Back Offset value has to be lowered a bit? It seems to work just fine here and as it's really hard to say, what's happening exactly in your scene just from the provided screenshot, if possible, please feel free to send us your scene (ideally simplified and containing just this problematic object(s)) to helpdesk@itoosoft.com to check it here. In case of a big file size, please use a web-sharing service like WeTransfer. Ideally, if you'll be able to reproduce it on a minimal scene, which you can send us, it would be great.

Thanks in advance for any further details you can share about it with us / our user community (in case some user(s) will run into similar troubles).

Best regards,

FD7518

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 07:18:13 PM »
Hi,

To use the “current camera” you should use the Clear button to leave it "unassigned" (None) - when empty, the Camera is taken automatically from the render view.

Might be, that your Back Offset value has to be lowered a bit? It seems to work just fine here and as it's really hard to say, what's happening exactly in your scene just from the provided screenshot, if possible, please feel free to send us your scene (ideally simplified and containing just this problematic object(s)) to helpdesk@itoosoft.com to check it here. In case of a big file size, please use a web-sharing service like WeTransfer. Ideally, if you'll be able to reproduce it on a minimal scene, which you can send us, it would be great.

Thanks in advance for any further details you can share about it with us / our user community (in case some user(s) will run into similar troubles).

Best regards,

Hi I attached the scene. So if I manually choose camera 1 or 2 inside the camera rollout I can see limited visibility working. IF I clear it where it says NONE for cameras and choose camera 2 limited visibility is still set for camera 1. In old itoo  I was able to go to camera view and see itoo update for that camera

FD7518

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 07:23:22 PM »
Hi,

Best regards,

Hi I attached the scene. So if I manually choose camera 1 or 2 inside the camera rollout I can see limited visibility working. IF I clear it where it says NONE for cameras and choose camera 2 limited visibility is still set for camera 1. In old itoo  I was able to go to camera view and see itoo update for that camera

Here is the video I attached too. You can see camera is set to NONE then  I go to camera 2 and nothing happens I am not seeing itoo objects.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 09:47:16 AM »
Hi,

Big thanks for the provided scene. Upon our internal tests, it works as supposed - the Camera is taken automatically from the active view (not the selected camera). Please see attached screenshots. If you don't want to update it on Perspective / any other views, you can set the Enable on Viewports / IR to Cameras. I hope that clears it up.

Best regards,

FD7518

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 05:36:45 PM »
Hi,

Big thanks for the provided scene. Upon our internal tests, it works as supposed - the Camera is taken automatically from the active view (not the selected camera). Please see attached screenshots. If you don't want to update it on Perspective / any other views, you can set the Enable on Viewports / IR to Cameras. I hope that clears it up.

Best regards,

Hi,
Can you please explain what is active view? Also  I want itoo to automatically chose limited to a certain camera view like it used to be. It still not working. I have to manually choose the camera and checking the camera/ir before rendering but if  I leave NONE nothing happens.

How do I only limit itoo visibility to a certain camera automatically like it used to be in old itoo?  Thanks

FD7518

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 05:48:26 PM »
Hi,

Best regards,

OK It seems that I have to use time slider for view to update to a certain camera. Old itoo did it automatically.

And what does IR stand for?

FD7518

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 06:38:29 PM »
HEre is a video of a strange octane behavior and only cameras are chosen for active  view. When I move the slider limited view disappears and objects appear everywhere

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2023, 03:27:27 PM »
Hi,

We’ve done some additional tests here, but we can’t reproduce your problems here with default settings. Can you please check your settings within the Forest Pack Support (might be, that’s involved somehow)?

Best regards,