Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Library manager  (Read 878 times)

RealViz

Library manager
« on: January 27, 2020, 02:01:24 PM »
Hello,
Currently we are trying to process a larger library that consists of about 600 MAX files. We need to create a separate item in the library from each file.
I know you plan to create a new library creation system. Would it be possible to test the beta version if it already exists?
Currently, the creation of such a library for several hours of work.
Thank you

RealViz

Re: Library manager
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 02:21:38 PM »
I forgot to mention that it is a system: one object per one max file

Rokas

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 03:38:07 PM »
Hi

That is true- we are updating our library manager. Unfortunately we don't have a beta version yet.

Anyway we would like to hear what features You would like it to see.
Rokas

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 03:51:28 PM »
Hi, although we are working on a new Library Browser, it's yet on a very initial state and there is not a beta available.

Anyway, i doubt we could implement a way to automatize the library creation for multiple Max files, because it's necessary to define the object to import from each scene.

In this case, i would suggest you edit the catalog index manually (index.xml). It's a text file on XML format, which is very intuitive to understand.
Of course you need to define the <maxfile> and <object> values manually, but that will be much more faster that import each scene with the Browser.

Edited: sorry, i completelty forgot that the current library allows to import from multiple Max files, but with some limitations. More details in the below posts.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 09:10:09 AM by iToo »
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

RealViz

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 06:30:51 AM »
Hi, although we are working on a new Library Browser, it's yet on a very initial state and there is not a beta available.

Anyway, i doubt we could implement a way to automatize the library creation for multiple Max files, because it's necessary to define the object to import from each scene.

In this case, i would suggest you edit the catalog index manually (index.xml). It's a text file on XML format, which is very intuitive to understand.
Of course you need to define the <maxfile> and <object> values manually, but that will be much more faster that import each scene with the Browser.
We use XML editing from the beginning. Still, I was hoping for simplification. And especially if there is one object in one max file. In this case, the catalog could have a basic "intelligence" for mass creation.
XML is not easy to open / save in Excel and so editing is quite a breakpoint.

Rokas

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 08:56:58 AM »
Hi RealViz

If You have one object per Max file, then You can create library with current Library Browser.

Lots of tips can be found in our Library creation tutorial.

You can Select multiple objects from multiple max files at once using this Import Menu:

Then select Your files:

Objects are loaded from selected files:

Hope this speeds up Your library creation. If You have any questions, let us know.
Rokas

RealViz

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 11:53:49 AM »
Thank you.
In the end we had to put all the objects in one scene (because of scripts). So now we need to create a library item from each object. Object Name = Image preview name. Some possibility? Thanks

EDIT: sorry. Of course it in tutorial :-) THanks
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 01:22:40 PM by RealViz »

RealViz

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 02:19:52 PM »
Hi, now that we're working with a larger library. We encountered a possible improvement. Could the images be cached? Of course, all of our libraries are on the net and for some reason loading is relatively slow.

Rokas

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 02:25:57 PM »
Hi, now that we're working with a larger library. We encountered a possible improvement. Could the images be cached? Of course, all of our libraries are on the net and for some reason loading is relatively slow.

Thanks for idea. Noted.
Rokas